Sunday, April 14, 2013

Popeye the Sailor Man

We went to Balian yesterday and unfortunately they didn't have internet at the hotel or elsewhere, so I couldn't blog. We had a nice day in the sun and we ate a delicious red snapper with rice, which was grilled over coconut shells. It all feels so healthy here, with the sun and all the good food they have like fresh fish and vegetables. I wish they had a cooking class, where you could learn how to prepare all these nice dishes...

On our way back to Seminyak, where we are right now, we got into a rain shower so everything was wet within a few minutes and we ran into the Drifter Surf shop to escape from the rain. I saw this painting of Popeye and I haven't seen anything from Popeye since I was a child. I loved this tv series and it was so nice to see him:


I might watch an episode today ;), as the internet works fine here.

Kram,

Isabell





1 comment:

  1. Isabell - I have been searching for the artist of this image. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete