Monday, July 1, 2013

Old friends and Sushi

I've met one of my oldest friends today after at least 8 years. We've been 8 friends at high school, 4 couples and none of us is still a couple. We used to be together everyday after school, then we all finished high school and all went different ways. The only one left from that time in my life is my best friend who lives in Copenhagen. It's strange to see someone after all this time, someone you knew very well a long time ago, but you can't tell who he is nowadays. He has gotten quite old ( I guess he'd say the same thing about me :)) and he's been working for a consulting company the last 6 years, so I think that's why. It was a little bit strange in the beginning I didn't know where to start to tell him what has happened in the last 8 years. Such a long time and so much has happened... but after a while it felt somehow familiar. Why do we loose good friends on our way through life? He was really the one I could talk to when I was sad and he would always help me. He was the one who convinced me to eat sushi in high school so therefore we went to a sushi place today.

Photo: mux
I wonder how it will be in another 8 years, what will I be able to tell then?

Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment