Sunday, August 11, 2013

3 MORE DAYS

... then I'm off to Denmark and Sweden. One of the things that I'm going to eat there as soon as I arrive is "blåbärssoppa" ("blueberrysoup"). There are some things that come to my mind when I think of Swedish summer and this is one of it and I miss it and look so much forward to tasting it! You can't get it anywhere here in Germany, as it's a typical Swedish dish, but of course you can cook it yourself:

Photo: Arla
Here is what you need:

4 dl water
1 dl sugar
250 g blueberries
1 msk corn starch
2 msk cold water


Please refer to my post about the Swedish measuring cups, for the dl and msk.

Bring the water to boil together with the sugar and add the blueberries, let simmer for approx. 5-10 minutes. Put the corn starch into a cup and add the 2 msk cold water, stir until smooth and add to the blueberry soup. Let simmer for another 2-4 minutes, let it cool down before serving. I like to add custard before serving, but of course you can also add whipped cream instead.

Have a great sunday evening!

Kram,

isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment