Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Looking for moss

One of the traditions in my family is to go out together in the little forest close to my parents home and look for moss on first sunday of Advent. And why would anybody like to look for moss? Moss is a part of our advent candleholder and since my brother has been a child, my family has always gone to a forest close-by to look for moss together. Over the years we have been doing this during rain, snow and sunshine.


It's really a simple thing but we all look forward to be together on that day and to take the walk through the forest and have coffee and tea afterwards and of course some Christmas cookies while your cheeks are still red from the cold.


I think every family has there own tradition and it's important to have it and never to loose it. 

Kram,

Isabell






No comments:

Post a Comment