Saturday, March 9, 2013

Lark Rise to Candleford

While I was in the library a few days ago, I also looked for new series. I found a series from BBC that is called "Lark Rise to Candleford"which is a costume drama playing in Oxfordshire in the 19th century. I like these BBC series very much, I also saw all episodes from “Upstairs Downstairs". It's about a young girl named Flora who comes from a small village named Lark Rise and moves to the local market town Candleford to begin an apprenticeship as a postmistress. In this series it's of course a lot of drama but it's very nice. I especially like the character "Dorcas Lane" in this series who is her boss and owns the post office of Candleford.



The entire post office is very cozy and I especially like the kitchen, where they all meet for tea:


This series is very nice for these cold winter days in the evening, when you sit on the sofa with a cup of tea and a blanket and you just want to see something nice and if you like lovely clothes and a charmingly old-fashioned way of life and lovable characters.

You can watch all episodes from this series on youtube:



Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment