Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bees wax candles

One of the typical things you can find in Germany during winter and the advent season is bees wax candles. They really smell like honey and when I was a child one of my teachers in elementary school was a beekeeper. On the first of december she had arranged a fir branch, a straw star and a bees wax candle on each table for every child. I can still remember that moment when I entered the class room and as it was winter it was still quite dark outside and she had lit all the candles, transforming the entire class room in a sea of warm lights and the air had this special honey scent. This memory came to me today when I stood in the grocery shop looking for something completely different and I saw these candles after a very long time.

Picture: bienenschwarm
The result: I bought a package of bees wax tea candles, if you ever get a chance to buy these, try it, I'm sure you will like it as much as I do!

Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment