Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My grandma

Today would have been my grandma's birthday. After so many years I still can't believe that she is gone. I would do anything to be able to sit together with her in her little kitchen just one more time, to bake with her, to chat with her, to ask her questions and to stand at the window and watch the snow while she reads her favorite poems and bible verses to me. She was like my best friend, I could tell her anything and she would understand and had a solution for me and where she had no solution she would simply hug me and be there for me and share the pain. I remember the moment my dad called me to tell me she had passed away, my first thought was to call her and tell her. I know she is there in everything I do, I even reaction like she would have done in some situations. I miss her so much.


1.
Så går en dag än från vår tid
och kommer icke mer,
och än en natt med Herrens frid
till jorden sänkes ner.

2.
Men du förbliver den du var,
o Herre, full av nåd,
och våra nätter, våra dar
du tecknat i ditt råd.

3.
Trygg i din vård jag lämnar mig
när solen från oss flyr,
och gladligt skall jag prisa dig
när dagen åter gryr.

4.
Men om det stilla dödens bud
i denna natt jag hör,
det är min tröst att din, o Gud,
jag lever och jag dör.

Christoph Friedrich Neander


No comments:

Post a Comment