Monday, October 29, 2012

Adam and Eve

I've bought these two wonderful coffee cups from Gustavsberg this summer, the designer is called Stig Lindberg (1916-1982). These are my favorite cups for breakfast on weekends. The blue one is from the Adam series and the red one is from the Eve series. The names are interesting too, if you have a closer look you see the Adam pattern fits into the Eve pattern.

At first I thought that it might be a good idea to have 2 identical coffee cups, but now I'm really happy that I bought two different styles. It's nicer to mix things and I can't say which one I prefer. So it's the best to have them both!









There is another style which I really like, it's called "Ribb":

Photo: Lillemor Åkerman

and of course the most famous one "Berså":

Photo: husohem.se


The last style has inspired some artists as well, like the prints from Handz : 

Photo: Handz


I also like the jewellery made from Stig Lindbergs porcelain:

Photo: Scandinavian Objects Berlin



Kram,

Isabell





No comments:

Post a Comment