Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Carl Larsson

Today I would like to introduce a famous Swedish painter who got popular all over the world: Carl Larsson (1853 - 1919)

I really like his pictures showing Swedish life at that time and his own house and family. His wife Karin had a very modern and personal way of furnishing the house. It still looks the same as it did when Carl and Karin lived there and can be visited ( Carl Larsson )

The bedroom as a painting:

Picture: thedecorologist.com

The bedroom today:



The diningroom as a painting:
Picture: thedecorologist.com
The dining room today:




When visiting ahlens.se 's website I found these pillows which I really like and which remind me of the furniture Karin Larsson used in their home. This is something I'm going to buy in Sweden in December, for sure :)




Pics: Åhlens

Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment