Thursday, October 25, 2012

Turn the lights on.

Light makes everything look different and gives situations a special mood. I can close my eyes and see my Swedish grandmother lighting just a single candle on the wooden table in her little kitchen and see the flickering warm light on her face while she is praying her evening prayer, her part of the day that meant meditation for her.

I've always preferred small light spots or candles rather than a ceiling light that might be helpful if you are desperately looking for your keys, but otherwise reminds me of administrative offices. At work I refuse to turn on the Halogen bulb, which for me is the worst light you can turn on. Instead I turn on my desk lamp and another small lamp on the window board. When it starts to get darker I'm always trying to bring warm light into my daily life.

One of my best friends in Denmark has chains of small white paper lantern lights around her door when it starts to get darker, which I really like. Maybe I should get one myself. I also found a nice one at www.impressionen.de :


Photo: www.impressionen.de

or that one:

Photo: www.mirabeau.de
Kram,

Isabell




No comments:

Post a Comment