Sunday, October 28, 2012

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

I just woke up and couldn't believe it, it has started to snow! It's something special with the first snow. It tells me that it's not long time until Christmas, my favourite season of the year. I can't wait to get all my decorations down from our attic: old things that are from my grandparent's parents, new old things that I found while visiting Swedish flea markets (I find a lot there!) and of course my self-made decorations and new decorations. Have to be patient for 1 month ...
As we have always celebrated Swedish Christmas in my family, most of the decorations I have and the Christmas traditions we celebrate are Swedish, but of course I also mix it with German traditions like St. Nicholas' Day. Why not celebrating as much as you can if you have 2 cultures to pick from?


Photo:dpa

From my window the world looks like this:



Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment