Tuesday, October 23, 2012

David Rio vs me

David Rio? Who is that?

David Rio is a company from San Francisco producing Chai tea mixtures. Add warm/cold water/milk to the Chai powder and it is ready. I really like it, but sometimes it's a little bit too sweet as it also contains a lot of sugar.


That's why I started to make my own Chai Tea with milk.

You will need:

approx. 700 ml milk (you can also mix 2/3 milk and 1/3 water)
7-8 black peppercorns
5-6 cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
6 cardamom capsules
3-4 star anise
2-3 table spoons Earl Grey tea
2 table spoons honey or 1-2 table spoons sugar
pinch of nutmeg

Choose the spices you like and take my recipe as a basic recipe, which can be altered. Add more/less milk or spices, just the way you like it!











Add sugar or honey and boil

Remove the pot from the hot plat and let it brew for a couple of minutes.

and I got to use the new teapot ;)


Kram,

Isabell








No comments:

Post a Comment