Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fasting

I like sweets very much and I eat a lot of cakes, cookies and chocolate, especially in the evening. But once a year during the fasting period, I abstain from all these things. The first 2 weeks are the worst, because you see all these nice things in the supermarket and your body is used to get sweets. It's strange  but it's the same symptoms like as if you are depending on smoking and you quit smoking. I can even be in a bad mood these 2 weeks and then after these 2 weeks it's just getting better, I start to eat fruits instead and when the fasting period is over on Easter Day, I don't need sweets anymore. Quite the contrary, the first time I eat chocolate after 40 days I find it too sweet. Of course I start eating it again, but I feel somehow healthier after the fasting and I'm happy that I made it, which gives you a good feeling. A lot of my friends have started to use the fasting period to abstain from Facebook or TV and they told me that it is a good feeling too, because all of a sudden you have much more time for yourself. I think it's good to abstain from something that you like or spend a lot of time on, just to see that you have the self-control and can make it and that you appreciate things again in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment