Sunday, February 3, 2013

Herb garden

I grew up in a house on the countryside of Munich and my parents (still) have a little herb garden with basil, oregano and a lot of other herbs. My Mum taught me a lot about these and how to use them for cooking or even against several illnesses. When you live in a flat and you don't have a balcony it's not so easy to have a real herb garden. I made my own one in miniature:




I used a little oval shaped zinc planter and some flower soil and bought different herbs like basil, mint and thyme and took them out of the plastic plant pots and planted them. Of course you can also use seeds.

I found another nice way on the internet, to use old tins and jars: 

Photo: 4.bp.blogspot.com

or to wrap it with packing paper:

Photo: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3103/2446715950_aece608e13_z.jpg


Have a nice sunday!

Isabell


No comments:

Post a Comment