Friday, February 8, 2013

Semolina pudding

When I come home from work, I'm often too tired to cook something special, even if I like cooking. But I don't want to have what Bavarians call "Brotzeit" (a meal or snack consisting of bread, cold cuts, cheese etc.), I need a warm meal. Especially if it's cold outside, the way it's right now with a lot of snow and sub-zero temperatures. A good thing is semolina pudding: You only need a few minutes and it's ready, it's a warm meal and tastes delicious.


Here is what you need:
  • ½ litre milk
  • 5 tablespoons semolina (maybe a little bit more if you like it thicker but be careful, as it slowly comes to boil and thickens)
  • 3 table spoons sugar
  • cinnamon 
The best ting to use is a non-stick sauce pan, because the pudding gets burned easily, I have experience with that :). Put the milk in it and heat until lukewarm. Add the semolina and cook slowly, stirring all the time until it boils and gets thicker.

Some people like to add a little piece of butter, I prefer to serve it with cinnamon and sugar and some fresh milk so that it cools down and I can eat it immediately. 


You can of corse also eat it with hot cherries, strawberries or raspberries.

Have a good Friday!

Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment