Sunday, November 11, 2012

My grandma's birthday

Today is a very hard day for me, because today is my grandmother's birthday who passed away nearly 4 years ago. She would have been 94 today. People say that it was her time to go as she was really old. I know it's egoistic to want her to live forever, she had a lot of pain in her knees and her hip and it took her very long time to get from one room to another with her rolling walker. But we were so close, I could always call her and tell her every problem I had and she would listen to me and tell me the solutions she had found in her life in her calm and nice voice. We talked every second day and we shared the happy and the sad moments. When she died and my dad told me, the first thing I did was grabbing the telephone and dialing her number because I wanted to tell her. Then I realized what I did. And I still really miss her, every day after such a long time.


Du och jag, Farmor!

No comments:

Post a Comment