Monday, November 19, 2012

Swedish Advent calendar from Aina Stenberg-Masolle

Do you remember the excitement every morning to be able to open a new window in the advent calendar when you were a child? And when you held it against the light to be able to try to see what is going to be in the window the next day? Even though I'm grown up and I still have an advent calendar.  Actually it's 2 advent calendars: One from my Mum with chocolate and one with pictures like the one shown below. The one from my Mum is showing a winter landscape and Santa Claus, my Mum made it and I love it, it has been there since I was a child. ( I will show it to you once I receive it, as it is refilled every year ;))

But I also like advent calendars with pictures. My grandma used to come to us from Sweden around the 13th of December and she always brought an advent calendar from Sweden with pictures and rimes. Can you imagine how happy I was to be able to open 13 windows all at once? And every morning before kindergarden or elementary school she would read the rime for me and we looked at the pictures together. So that's why I still buy an advent calendar with pictures. It's hard to get one from Sweden here in Munich but I got one from Aina Stenberg-Masolle last year at a Christmas market from sophias-bokhandel, which is a book shop that offers Scandinavian books. Sophia will have her next Christmas market on the 25th of November (14:30 – 18:00,  St.-Paulus' church hall, Sebastian-Bauer-Straße 23, Munich [Altperlach]).

Photo: scoutvaror

No comments:

Post a Comment