Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Brighten up someone's day

I like to make presents. I even like it much more to give someone a gift, then receiving a gift from someone. That doesn't mean I don't like to get presents, but I'm enjoying it to see other people's smile when I found something for them they didn't expect or really like. So this year I've sent small boxes with German gingerbread, marzipan, Linzer Augen and Stollen to my relatives in Sweden. I hope they will like it and I would love to see their faces when receiving it.

I always sent a little box with some cookies and together with some things my grandma really needed to Sweden. And she always called me in the evening and told me how happy she was about the things I had sent her and I could always hear that she was happy. This year is going to be the first year that we celebrate in Sweden after 3 years in Germany. I wasn't ready to celebrate Christmas with her old brown chair being empty on Christmas Eve and I'm not sure whether I'm ready now. As much as I long to come to Sweden as much I'm also afraid to be there and again realizing that she is away. But I'm also thankful for the things and ways of thinking she has given me, that's her gift to me for my life.


Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment