Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas shopping

I just came home after a Christmas shopping day in Munich city centre. I had to get the things I couldn't find online, but everything is so crowded, that I'm happy to be back home. When I was younger it was great fun to be in the city centre during Christmas. It seams to me that people are getting more stressed and more aggressive every year. I can't understand that, for me Christmas is the part of the year where you should calm down and have time for the ones you love but also for yourself, that's why it's called "stade zeit" in Bavarian, meaning "quiet time".


And honestly speaking, sometimes it's also all about planning and not doing everything in the very last minute. (I'm also not an expert in it, but I've done the things I tell you now and it really helps) Why not meeting a friend and doing the Christmas Shopping together, which saves time and is great fun too and you have done two things at once. Or why not starting to buy gifts during october, so that you are not forced to find them all in one weekend. I must say online shopping is also a great alternative. 

So take a deep breath and try to relax and to make it a "quiet time".

Kram,

Isabell



No comments:

Post a Comment