Saturday, January 12, 2013

Modern Dalahäst - modern Dalahorse

Do you remember my post about the Dalahorse? Today after breakfast, I've finally managed to paint my Dalahorse in grey. The first thing you need to do is to use a ginder to take away the old colour. After that you can choose the colour you like and paint it. It's very easy and I like the result :


I did the same thing with an old bookshelf, which was made of beechwood. I had it in my room when I was a child and I like the shape of it, but I don't like the colour of beechwood. So my Dad helped me to grind it and to paint it. Instead of a paint-brush, which I used for the Dalahorse, I used a paint roller to apply the colour. Like that you can change your furnishing and reuse old things. If you go on a flee market you can get nice things that might look ugly at first sight, because it's a wood you don't like, but if you change the colour of it it gets a complete different look. And you save money and it's fun to have something unique.

Kram,

Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment